Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chi-collage

Chicago has a plethora of collage material from counter culture rags, to band flyers. Here are a few things that I've made during my free time.

This was a birthday card I made for Rafael. I made the front out of an American Apparel bag, so that it has a pocket to hold multiple cards. The idea was to play with the di-cut of the bag, and have different textures that you could choose to go in it. On the backs of all the textures, are things I wrote him. I had a lot of fun making this, and it kind of just fell together.
This was a CD case I made Rafael out of an old 50s catalogue I got at a garage sale.
I made this postcard for Davey out of that same catalogue, and a pinups calender I've been saving.

This was the front of a postcard I made for Chanel out of a...40's Home and Garden cataogue. The caption was too perfect to pass up.

No comments: