Sunday, September 27, 2009

This Town


This town.  It's my town.  I had a couple of minor bumps towards the beginning, there was that hobo incident, and the return of geometry (i really didn't see that one coming)  but then I realized I didn't come all this way for this to be an easy journey.  This is the real deal; this is the Art School Confidential: Special True Edition.  This is the time for refreshing throw-yourself-in-front-of-a-full-speed-bus struggles  I'm more than willing to rub my nose in the broken glass of insane art projects with even more psychotic deadlines if I can come out successful.  I'm more than willing to humiliate myself and laugh it off.  I'm more than willing to be friendly, and talk to strangers, even if it's the thing that I hate doing most in this whole socially retarded world.  I've done this once before, and maybe I was ill equipped then, but now I've even got the Shark Repellent Bat Spray.  

I feel like I know where most things are now; I've definitely got some serious bearings.  I know what to do most of the time, and what not to.  Example: Go to awesome Art Gallery for funzies(yes) talk to hobo trying to steal my shoes (no), ride bike (it's a beautiful day) ride bus (maybe if i feel like an old fashioned group fondle) Go to Star Trek showing at SCAD theater (Hell YES!) stay in box-like dorm like a hermit doing homework (only sometimes)   I've made some new friends, some incredibly cool people on my dorm floor.  I've met some enemies already as well, but they'll get theirs just like all of the others (I'm talking to you WORLD).  I've got a bike now, an acid green cruiser with a bell.  I'm the grandfather of hip.

I live in a gorgeous, unique city, one of the oldest in the US, and not only that but I live down town.  I'm a city-folk now.  I'm making this place mine.  Painting the town Kevo, and it will never be the same again.


No comments: