Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Songs of Obsession: Melody by Serge Gainsbourg

Easily one of my all time favorite artists.  Serge Gainsbourg is a France'n Romance'n genius, and this song really sums his music up.  This song is extremely sexual and raw, my new favorite of his.  It's hard to believe it was created in the sixties.

I apologize, I have this weird obsession with French music that can't really be explained.  I don't speak the language, although I'd like to someday.

If you like what you hear, here are some others I'd recommend:
  • Bonnie and Clyde
  • Requiem Por Un Con
  • Comic Strip 
  • Ballade de Melody Nelson
  • Je Suis Venu Te Dire Que Je M'en Vais
  • Initials B. B.

I don't remember where I got this caricature but I think I'm gonna use this color scheme in something else.  I like the somber colors.


The video has his wife, Jane Birkin in it.  I think she may be the single most attractive woman to have ever walked this earth.

1 comment:

fact_not_fiction said...

you're right.

that song is sexy and his wife is quite a looker.