Monday, August 24, 2009

Mad Men











Mad Men is my new obsession on the little box with moving pictures.  I just rented the first season today, just to see what all the fuss was about.  I mean Stuff White People like told me I should based off of the color of my pasty skin, so I better right?  It's amazing.  I hate submitting to Stuff White People like aka becoming a complete stereotype, but this show is too good to pass up.  First off, I never knew it was about advertising, and it happens to take place in one of my favorite eras of ad history, the late fifties.  It's getting all Norman Rockwell up in herrrrre.  It also reminds me of Chip Kidd's The Learners (ad agency early sixties, same time period I guess).  The eye candy of the show is the sexy secretary, Joan.  The actress who plays her likes the Magnetic Fields.  Drool.

No comments: