Monday, December 21, 2009

Unexpected good music in the new twilight movie

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of songs on the Twilight: New Moon soundtrack don't suck.
I'm willing to admit that I really like this song.  Yes it was in Twilight, but I don't care.  I really haven't heard anything like this.  The transition is so smooth, almost perfect, and when it does, it sounds like the lead singer is singing through water.  It has an eerie, magical vibe to it.  Even though it's only available on the Twilight: New Moon soundtrack, I still think it's a really great song.  
Which brings me to this...

So it was played at a sappy moment in the movie (yes I saw the movie, put down the rotten eggs please) that still shouldn't take away the fact the Lykke Li's voice is completely captivating.  Her voice has an innocence to it, a rawness that not a lot of vocalists can emulate.

You can't just put down good music just for being linked to a stupid movie, because it happens more than you think.  Exhibit A: S. Darko, terrible straight to DVD movie, but awesome Shoegaze music played in it.

No comments: