Thursday, October 1, 2009

Guns don't Kill People, Lazers do


Major Lazer has been a reoccuring theme I've noticed here.  I heard someone talking about the music on the bust the other day, one of my friend's here is a fan, and even my professor dropped his name during critique.  I listen to them (or him?) on the way to class, and it gives me a sense of swagger and rush of confidence, like carrying around an 11X17 sketch pad is the most bad ass thing anyone has ever done EVER.  There's also something about it being heavily reggae influenced that keeps me interested; i guess because I've never really bothered with the genre.  I did go to Marley fest once!  There are enough dread locked, stoner white kids in this world, too many in fact and I don't want to contribute to the bleaching of Jamaican culture.  I like the aesthetic of the cartoons.  Same guys who do Tim & Eric I heard, which I havent checked out either, but it has this feel to it that I can't help but appreciate.  I also like the tropical colors.
My Favies:



So raunchy!

1 comment:

Notorious J.O.E. said...

I'm glad you discovered major laser and can enjoy the greatness that is him. now you can be even more obscure!